Custom cloning service
Bio-Fab offers a customized cloning service in a plasmid of your choice or supplied directly by you.
THE SERVICE INCLUDES:
- Verification of restriction sites by digestion or sequencing
- Control of the MCS on the receiving plasmid (formed by the customer)
- Cutting fragment and ligase in the recipient plasmid
- Transformation, cell culture and purification of 10 random colonies
- 12/15 working days for cloning
- Submission of alignment with the control sequence wt and single electropherogram of the positive clone sequencing the attachment sites to the plasmid
- Send 1 / 4ug of purified plasmid DNA
We do not recommend the use of very large plasmids (> 15kb, lentivirals ...), low copy, or with very repeated or GC-rich sequences because they could rearrange easily or be inefficient in replication.
- Consultancy to establish the best cloning strategy based on the final application (expression, sequencing ...)
- Control of the insert frame
- Sequencing of the entire insert with synthesis of the relative oligos that will be preserved in the personal Oligo Bank.
It should be noted that the completion of all the quality controls provided, while not guaranteeing the functioning of the clone, will in any case entitle Bio-Fab to receive the agreed payment up to the stage of the project carried out.
MATERIAL TO BE SHIPPED TO THE LABORATORY:
- Purified plasmid * containing the DNA to be cloned, coming from a strain of E.coli dam +. Plasmids isolated from dam- strains are not suitable (e.g. jm110, scs110, BL21 DE3)
- plasmid map with indication of antibiotic resistance and target DNA sequence
- cloning instructions : restriction sites to use
DOWNLOAD CUSTOMIZED CLONING FORM
IDNA TRANSFORMATION INSTRUCTIONS
Cloning service through PCR
The service includes:
Delivery times are two weeks.
At least 1 ug of the construct will be delivered with the data and details of the related experiments.
Strategies and agreements may vary depending on the complexity of the project.